Thursday 22 May 2014

Restoran Muar, Home-Cooked Cuisine


Last week, we decided to try something 'different' (in Mr. E's words). So, we ventured a little further from the road-that-never-sleeps Changkat Bukit Bintang and the tourist-attracted (and, IMHO, a little too commercialized) Jalan Alor into the quieter adjacent road in search of Restoran Muar.

Petai Squid & Prawn
Salted Egg Chicken
Crispy Fried Egg
This is Restoran Muar's specialty. It tastes ... exactly how you'd expect it to taste, like a fried egg drizzled with soy sauce. BUT what makes it stand out from normal home-cooked fried egg is its crispy edges.  I enjoyed eating this because it did remind me of home-cooked food but with an added twist to it. That said, apparently home-cooked doesn't equal 'healthy', if it weren't for the oil oozing out with every bite of the egg, I'd be eating a whole serving by myself.

Deep Fried Kai Lan
This is also one of their specialty. It is worth trying as it is different from the usual Kai Lan. But I like my Kai Lan to be boiled and drizzled with hot oil and soy sauce for taste.

Cendol
Cendol comes in a small bowl, which I thought was just right as we were all stuffed by the time we finished the main course. I liked that it was not too sweet like other shops, just nice to end our dinner.

Restoran Muar Home-Cooked Cuisine
No. 6G Tengkat Tong Shin
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Business Hours: 11am - 3pm, 6pm - 10pm (closed on Mondays)

No comments:

Post a Comment